Consider a Career as a Service Technician
Join the Service Technician team for a leading Chicagoland material handling dealer!
Illinois Material Handling offers excellent job opportunities for mechanically-inclined individuals in the field of forklifts and material handling equipment service and repair. Service Technicians are highly skilled, well paid, and respected technicians – with lots of scope for different jobs in the future.
Wherever goods are being delivered or stored – to factories, warehouses or docks – there is equipment to manage the heavy lifting. Just like a car, each must be regularly serviced to ensure that they work properly and safely.
There are two options, depending on your preference:
Shop Service Technician: Enjoy working in our state-of-the-art shops which are set up specifically to work on material handling equipment safely. The shops in our newer facilities are even air-conditioned!
Field Service Technician: Quite often fork lift servicing is done at the customer’s location, so technicians are needed out in the field to provide a mobile workshop to the customer.
Ready to learn more? Let’s get started!
Something Different Every Day.
We are a multi-line distributor of material handling equipment which means you may very well find yourself working on something different every day! From fork lift trucks, to aerial equipment, to rail car movers, front-end loaders, industrial cleaning equipment… you will become proficient in electrical and hydraulic systems, diesel and gas powered engines, and much more! Like today’s automotive industry, it’s no longer spanners and oily rags. Our service technicians regularly use a provided laptop or hand held devices to diagnose problems or fine-tune fork lift performance.
We welcome Technical School Graduates!
We have developed relationships with several Illinois tech schools and are involved in the courses taught. We are developing programs to transition students into professional service technicians, and offer tuition reimbursement assistance.
Ongoing training is so important to us that we have our own Technical Training Department. Our staff is dedicated to training our service technicians all year long on the various systems they will encounter. In addition to classroom study, we have e-Learning courses available at all times.
Beyond the paycheck
In addition to the benefits we offer our Service Technicians:
- Technical Training provided by certified factory-trained staff
- 12-month on-boarding program providing strong understanding of our company and the industry
- All work is primarily first shift
- Uniforms provided, with cleaning at no cost
- Field Service Technicians can take home the company-provided service vans (all maintenance and fuel included)
- Computer equipment and cell phone provided
- Competitive wages, measured against the market
- No Flat Rate policy – technicians are paid for every hour they work
- Overtime for all hours worked over 40 per week with double-time scenarios
- Apprentice programs for technicians
- Inside, high level technical support for all service technicians
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glass co-op programs available
- Tool vendors come to us – Shop for tools and safety shoes on-site!
- Parts support
- Specialty tools provided
- Interest-free tool loans
- Technician’s own tools are insured (at no cost to the technician)
We’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. Let’s start the conversation!
Ready to Apply?
Note: We will only accept applications for those positions listed here. Any applications that do not reference a specific position are considered unsolicited and will be discarded.