National Forklift Safety Day 2017 – Safety Improvement Tips
In honor of National Forklift Safety Day we offered a FREE Forklift awareness class today offering safety tips to improve forklift safety & pedestrian interaction…. for those who missed it, these are important topics that all pedestrians should be aware of.
Improving Pedestrian Safety Awareness:
- You are Responsible for Your Safety!
- Who has the right of way, pedestrians or forklifts?
- Who wins the battle, forklifts or pedestrians?
- The driver of the forklift may not see you.
- There are many blind spots that hide pedestrians from the view of the operator.
- A high percentage of forklift involved fatalities occur to pedestrians.
- Use designated walk ways and crosswalks when available.
- Make yourself visible when walking near moving forklifts.
- Make eye contact with the Operator and wait for them to acknowledge you before walking in front of or approaching them.
- Never walk behind moving Forklifts, the Operator may not see you.
- Stay clear of Forklifts moving loads.
- Never walk under elevated forks or loads.
- Stop, Look, & Listen.
- NO Passengers Allowed!